- registered in England and Wales
- company number: 09189901
- registered office address: Unit 1 & 2 Kingsley Farm, Kingsley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 4RF
- VAT number: GB196504190
Get in touch:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we will endeavour to reply to your email within 2 working days of receipt)
Phone: +44 (0)1423 229988 (you can contact a member of our team Monday – Friday between 9.00am – 5.30pm)
Post: Unit 1 & 2 Kingsley Farm, Kingsley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 4RF (we will endeavour to reply to your letter within 7 days of receipt)
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/thegbexchange
For the purposes of data protection law we will be a controller of your personal information (this means we make decisions about how and why your information is used, and that we have a duty to ensure your rights are protected).
Your privacy is important to us.
- Collecting and using your information
- We collect the following information about you and use it in the following ways:
- If you place an order on us for products you will need to provide us with your personal details (name, delivery address, email address and phone number) and your payment details (credit/debit card number and name and address of the card holder). We will use this information to contact you about your order and to deliver the products to you. We will also keep a record of your order including your product purchase history and will use this for our internal business purposes including to improve our products and to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of products available.
- If you contact us to request information about us or our products or to make a complaint you will need to provide us with your name, email address, address and phone number. We will use this information to answer your enquiry, send you the requested information or literature or to respond to your complaint.
- If you fill in a form on our website you will need to provide us with the information requested in the form marked as “required”, “mandatory” or similar. We will use the information for the purposes described on the relevant form.
- If you contact us by telephone we may record notes of the conversation in our systems. We will use such information for future communications with you about relevant products and services.
- Sharing with third parties
- We will not share your information with any third parties except:
- where required in order to fulfil your order including for the purposes of processing payment from you and delivering the products to you;
- to credit reference agencies (to assist in our decision as to whether, and on what terms, to give you credit);
- to our professional advisers for the purposes of obtaining professional advice or establishing, exercising or defending legal rights; or
- to our suppliers (for instance suppliers that provide us with IT services or debt collection agencies);
- where we are required by law and to law enforcement agencies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing or market research without your explicit consent.
- Promotional and marketing information
- If you have registered to the website or placed an order we will, unless you choose to opt out, send you email updates with special offers and details of our products.
- You can also choose to receive promotional and marketing information from us by opting-in to such communications via our website or when setting up an account on our website. You can change your preferences or opt-out at any time by using the details set out below.
- We sometimes contact customers and contacts without their prior consent in order to promote our services and build relationships. If you are a customer or contact and we have contacted you it is because we think these communications may be of interest or relevance to you. You can change your preferences or opt-out at any time by using the details set out below.
- If you change your mind about how you would like to receive such information or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time:
- by contacting our Customer Services team (by email to email@example.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line or by phone on +44 (0)1423 229988);
- by posting a letter to us including your full name, email address and the word “Unsubscribe”; or
- by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails you receive from us.
- by clicking opt out in the marketing preference section of your dashboard
You can also contact us using these details if you wish to complain about a marketing communication you have received in error.
- Accessing your information and other enquiries
- If you:
- would like to find out what information we hold about you;
- believe that any of the information that we hold about you is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date;
- have any queries about how we use your information which you do not think are answered in this policy; or
- would like us to delete your information from our systems;
please contact our Customer Services team by phone on +44 (0)1423 229988.
- We will always try to respond to your request to your satisfaction however there may be situations where we are unable to do so (for example if we are required by law to keep your information).
- If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you should contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk.
- Keeping your information safe
- We employ a variety of physical, technical and organisational measures to keep your information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of it. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to them (using both physical and electronic means).
- We use Secure Server Technology to ensure that all data submitted through our website is protected by the highest standards.
- Any payment information you provide will be sent to us via a secure SSL connection which provides an encrypted link between your web browser and our web servers.
- We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the internet or external networks or your own device, accordingly any online communications (e.g. information provided by email or through our website) are at your own risk.
- You shall be responsible for keeping any user access information for your account secure and confidential. You shall be solely responsible for any third party using our online portal through your user access information.
- How long will we keep your information?
- We will keep your information for as long as it is required for the purpose(s) we collected it for (or for a related compatible purpose, such as keeping a record of a transaction).
- We regularly review what data we have and delete that which is no longer necessary.
- Where will we keep your information?
- We will usually keep your information within the European Union (EU). If we or one of our subcontractors (such as a payment processor or courier) need to transfer it outside of the EU then we will take steps to make sure adequate levels of privacy protection, in line with UK data protection law, are in place. These safeguards will usually be contractual and/or the result of a European Union decision which allows the transfer of your information (for example, a US organisation which is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework). If you would like to learn more about the Privacy Shield scheme please visit https://privacyshield.gov/welcome.
- Our website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use our website. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- We will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any of your personally identifiable information. We will not associate any data gathered from our website with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
- We also use “cookies” to provide essential functionality on our website. Your payment information is not stored in these cookies at any time.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your web browser. If you use different web browsers or different devices to access our website you will need to change the settings on each of your web browsers and devices.
- If you disable some or all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our website and/or you may reduce the features and functionality of our website.
This page was last updated on 24th May 2018.